Thursday, March 20, 2008

night in the zocolo








Everyone shows up in the zocolo sooner or later, this very lively central square always has many things going on and the people watching is fascinating. There are lots of venders selling sweets, flowers, textiles y mucho mas. Although I suppose the tourists think them only a colorful part of the scenery what they do is hard work, walking for hours trying to sell and enduring countless rejections for each successful sale. Whenever I ask to take a picture, if they say yes, I always offer the amount in pesos of whatever they are selling. I am impressed with the grace and apparent cheerfulness they show.

Lots of fountains, music, and random performers in the zocolo, I can sit with my coffee or sip on a tequilla and be entertained for hours.

No comments: