Saturday, March 29, 2008

Ocotlan




I have been to Ocotlan before on a market day. That was fascinating, but it also makes it harder to see the town. So I decided to go back there and I also wanted to go to a small village near there called San Miguel Tilquiapam. I found out about this small town on the Mexican Textiles site. The person who created this resource for Mexican textiles has a mission of visiting and documenting the rapidly disappearing traditional dress and textiles. Here is the link on his site for San Miguel Tilquiapam.
Here is his picture of the church, and here are some photos of the current restoration. (I am pretty sure that this is one of the designs that Morales the artist that has done so much for Oaxaca has created)
Here are the pictures of the church that I took a few days ago.

No comments: