Sunday, March 23, 2008

se vuelve me loco (drives me crazy)


I am sitting in an internet cafe listening (against my will) to the gringa girl talking on the internet phone and I am reminded of how irritating it is to listen any conversation by practically everyone under 30. Not because I have a youth bias, but because they use ¨like¨ at least 2 or 3 times per sentence, and sometimes even more often, to modify every single verb and almost every single adjective or phrase.

This appears to have little to know with intelligence or knowledge base, it is almost universal in this under 30 demographic. I am sure this same demographic group is totally unconscious of how they use ¨like¨ because they all use it.

OK back to travel notes, like, you know, like appears to be like here to stay.



No comments: